This is a complete guide on how to manage your products in an easy way. You only need to fully understand Product Categories, Attributes, and Adding a Simple Product.
Credit to Woo Commerce. For the full written documentation click below. Other than that this will give you exactly what you need to move forward quickly with a fully operational store.
Product categories and tags work in much the same way as normal categories and tags you have when writing posts in WordPress. They can be created, edited, and selected at any time. This can be done when you first create a product or come back and edit it or the category/tag specifically.
These can be added per product, or you can set up global attributes for the entire store to use (e.g., in layered navigation).
To learn more, see on Woo Commerce: Managing Product Categories, Tags and Attributes
Adding a Simple product is similar to writing a post in WordPress.
- Go to WooCommerce > Products > Add Product. You then have a familiar interface and should immediately feel at home.
- Enter a product Title and Description.
- Regular Price – Item’s normal/regular price
- Sale Price – Item’s discounted price that can then be scheduled for certain date ranges. The sale expires at 11:59pm of the specified end date
- Tax status – Taxable / Shipping only / None
- Tax class – Choose which tax class should be applied
The inventory section allows you to manage stock for the product individually and define whether to allow back orders and more. It enables you to sell products and allow customers to add them to the cart to buy.
Enable Stock Management must be selected in Products Inventory Settings; otherwise, only the ‘Stock status’ option is visible in the Product Data Inventory box.
Options when stock management at product level is disabled. You are responsible for updating the Stock Status.
Options when stock management at product level is enabled.
- Enter the Stock Quantity, and WooCommerce auto-manages inventory and auto-updates Stock Status as Stock, Out of Stock or On Backorder.
- Select whether to Allow Backorders.
- Low stock threshold – Enter a number upon which you are notified.
- Tick the Sold Individually box to limit the product to one per order.
3. Be Sure to Click Save. And if you ever find yourself stuck send a question for help on how to 972-379-7005.